Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm Just Trying to Save Your Life....




So I haven't been around for a while, life has been busy, almost too busy. But today I was attempting to have a pleasant day with my sister...we went to see an Egyptian film at TIFF, you know, representing our people and all:)

The film was great, and it was nice out so we decided to grab some lunch. When we walked out of the theatre onto Avenue Road we were greeted with an exceedingly loud Jesus Parade. That's right a Jesus Parade. People form all walks of life were in floats or dancing up Avenue to Bloor singing about Jesus saving.

Well, you know, everyone has a right to a parade, be it Santa, St. Patrick or Jesus. But it was ear deafening loud and I just wanted out of there as fast as possible. So sis and I tried to beeline for the underground. As we were in our hurry a rather angry teenage girl tried to give me a pamphlet while saying to me "Jesus Saves."

Be that as it may, I never take any type of flyer, pamphlet or what have you because they all end up in the bottom of my bag or in the closest recycling bin.

After a polite decline, this particularly angry Jesus loving teen girl got right in my face and screamed at the top of her lungs--and when I say top of her lungs, I mean I could see her tonsils!

"I AM JUST TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Needless to say sis and I were caught off guard and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack right there.

Save my life or end my life little miss??

And I would say that might not be the best tactic to get someone to listen to your cause

No comments:

Post a Comment