Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Beekeeper...

When I was in university I worked in a little Italian restaurant that was on the upper end of the spectrum, but that doesn't mean the clientele was.

So one day I was serving a middle-aged Italian man and he started talking to me in Italian. It wasn't the first time that happened, you see I have olive skin, dark hair and brown eyes, so generally anyone from the mediterranean thinks I am what they are.

So I said:

"Oh, sorry I don't speak Italian."

"What do you mean you don't speak Italian???!!! You speak Italian!!"

"No, I don't speak Italian, I'm not Italian."

"What do you mean you're not Italian??!! You're Italian!!"

"No sir, I am not Italian, I am Egyptian."

"What?? Well, if you are Egyptian, why don't you wear one of those beekeeper things on your head?"


Like I said, the clients weren't exactly the best of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment