Friday, July 10, 2009

You Don't Sound What???

So a little while back a talented art director friend of mine was looking for some freelance work and she answered an ad on craigslist...

Nothing too odd about that. So the potential employer took one look at her CV and called her within five minutes, she's that good.

So they decided to meet at a coffee shop and he asked what she looked like so he would recognize her and she said:

"Well I am about 5'2'', I have long dark hair and I am Korean."

He responds with:

"Huh, you're Korean, hmm. You don't sound Korean. But funny last week I met with a girl who was Indian, and I mean full on Indian, and she didn't sound Indian either."

She was shocked that someone could be so stupid, and she had to hold herself back from giving him a verbal lashing knowing this guy could be a potential employer. So she responded with:

"Well I guess that's first generation for you."

So against her better judgement she went to meet this guy. And a piece of work he was.
He shows up in an over-sized lame suit, cheesy bling and too much gel in his hair.

He asks her if took her a long time to get to the coffee shop.
She responds with:

"No, it was a quick bike ride."

"Hmm, you ride a bike..."

"Yes, well I live downtown, so I don't really need a car, and when I do I rent a zipcar"

"Zipcar? What's that?"

So she explains the concept to him, which he responds with this winner...

"I guess that's good for people who don't have money."

A prize of a man I tell you, a prize...

No comments:

Post a Comment